Yesterday we attended a "Big Sibling" class at the hospital that I will deliver at. Even though I know Maher is ready for his new role as brother I wanted to give him the chance to really feel like he was involved at the beginning. Plus he has had a TON of questions about the hospital and he got a mini tour of the maternity wing which I am hoping answered a lot of his questions. The beginning of the class the instructor talked to the kids about babies and a little bit about birth, mainly just the umbilical cord. She showed each of the kids how to change a diaper and they all got to try putting a diaper on their baby dolls, or in our case, Nee Nee Monkey.
He really enjoyed the diaper changing part.
Next she showed the kids how to swaddle a baby, and again gave them hospital blankets to practice on their baby.
Daddy did a great job helping Maher, and it was nice practice to remember how to do a swaddle!
They also got hats to put on their babies and watched a silly movie on being a big sibling. At the end they all graduated as certified Big Brothers or Sisters!
I think he's going to do GREAT!
Here's the video of Maher swaddling Nee Nee.
Overall I am so happy we went to this class, we got to see how Maher handles a classroom setting and see how active Maher was in learning how to take care of Arthur! 6 weeks until we get to see the real deal!
2 comments:
LOL! He wanted to roll Nee Nee like a burrito! Maher looks so happy to be a big brother. :)
Ha I like the roll! It saves time Maher!
He looks so big and little all at the same time! He is going to be great at his new job!
Post a Comment