July 23, 2013

Dog Sitting

A few weekends ago we got to dog sit Amo Foad's dog, Marley.  Maher took his responsibility of taking care of Marley very seriously.  He made sure that we took Marley for a walk everyday and helped make sure he was fed and had plenty of potty breaks.  Ash and I always go back and forth on whether we should let Maher have a dog, he's been hinting a lot more lately.  "Oh mommy wouldn't it be fun to go to the PetSmart and take one of those doggies home to our house and we could give the doggy water and food and exercise.  And the doggy can play with me and maybe sleep in my room with me!"  While I will say I am slightly tempted, probably the pregnancy hormones, to give in and get a dog; a weekend with Marley was enough to remind me that with Arthur on his way a dog is not a task I need to take on full time! 
 
Marley bonded with Arthur

I look forward to the day when I can feel confident to get a dog and see this happy grin when it's a dog of our own!


2 comments:

Mammasita said...

There is a part of me that wants a dog too, than I think of my kids playing in the yard and what the dog does in the yard.

Plus I want a small one like Marley and Philip wants a huge one.

However there is something so awesome about a boy and his dog! Love the pic with Maher and Marley.

Gia said...

They are a very cute pair. Just think of Marley like a grandchild. Play with him and send him home