Alpacas: watch out they spit!
A few weeks ago our little family had the pleasure of joining our friends, Ryan and Ryann, on a weekend get-away in the hill country. It came at a much needed time and the whole family was able to attend. We stayed with Ryann's parents in their beautiful home out in the country and enjoyed many leisurely activities. We enjoyed a wonderful picnic at a local winery, visited an alpaca farm, grilled in the country, ate delicious food, ATV riding, and a lot of soaking in the beauty of our surroundings. Maher enjoyed most of the activities his favorite was riding the ATV with Baba. He enjoyed it so much that he threw a pretty big fit when it was time to get off, the only thing that calmed him down was knowing that his Baba was getting off too.
 |
| As soon as Maher saw the ATV he quickly began the motor sound and his deep throaty boy laugh. |
 |
| Coming around very slowly on their first pass by, notice the amazing view in the background. |
 |
| Nothing like a good ol' ATV ride for some father son bonding! |
Now being the pro blogger that I am, I of course did not take a lot of pictures. The only other pictures I have are of the alpaca visit. Our hosts brought carrots for us to feed to the alpacas, contrary to Maher's face in the pictures, he did actually enjoy seeing the alpacas.
 |
| Pulling up the farm. The alpaca on the far right, barely in the photo, came sprinting out of her little barn as soon as we pulled up. She was ready for some carrots. |
 |
| Notice Maher's death crib with his leg?! I think Ash had an impression left on him from Maher holding on so tight. |
 |
| This brown alpaca was mean, so mean that if you tried to give a carrot to one of the other three, he would spit at you. Yes, spit. (If Maher spits on you the next time you don't give him what he wants, this is where he learned it) |
 |
| I tried feeding this alpaca and that's when the mean one spit in my face, he also spit in our host's face as well so I wasn't too offended. |
 |
| This sweetheart was the beauty queen, she knew how to work the crowd and she did not spit. |
Thank you to the Ryan(n)s and the Matthews for hosting us! We enjoyed our weekend get away very much!
2 comments:
Thanks for the warning about spitting. I already know Maher licks, now I will add spitting to the list.
Cute post, so glad you had this time to relax.
Sounds like a fun and wet weekend!
Post a Comment