February 21, 2014

Friday Photo Favorite

At our mall there is what I like to call the grandparent spoil zone.  It's a small corner of the food court that has about 10 ride on machines.  Now I call it the grandparent spoil zone because each ride is 4 yes 4 quarters or 1 whole dollar! And the only time I see children actually riding is when they are with what appears to be a grandparent. (Parents like me who use the mall as a refuge for cold day cabin fever can't afford to pay $1 every time they go there! We might end up going broke with how often I seek refuge there to get out of the house for a little)  Every time we go past this spot Maher will ask if he can ride one.  I will tell him I don't want to spend our money on them but he can sit in 5 of them and pretend.  So far, knock on wood, he has always accepted this as a fun alternative.  Recently Maher has been doing small jobs around the house to fill up his piggy bank and after a wonderful week of listening we celebrated by heading to the mall so he could use 4 quarters to ride a machine.  Maher picked the ride that he has mentioned almost every time we have left, "Well this ride looks like it would be fun to ride and actually bang the people down" (Its a safari truck that has a conveyor belt in the windshield where you knock down venus fly trap plants.)  As the ride started Maher had a grin from ear to ear as he drove and knocked down those pesky plants. And although I still refuse to pay a $1 for the ride, it was worth it to see his smile and excitement as he finally got to ride it!

No comments: