May 30, 2013

Maher goes to a Farm

A few months ago Maher and I joined a mom's group for play dates and socialization, for both Maher and myself.  I am really glad we did, Maher has made new friends and I am finding moms that share a common faith and similar parenting ideas.   Yesterday we headed out to a dairy farm and even though Maher looks very serious in all his photos we had a lot of fun.  Here are some photos of the fun we had!
 
First stop the mini horses for petting

This little mama horse had her little foal playing in the pen.
Maher's photo of the foal, it was a cutie!

Next we headed to the barn to feed some chickens cheerios.  The chickens knew when they saw our tour guide that food was coming.  They were the most tame chickens I have ever seen and the only chickens I have been able to pet.

Maher feed this little lamb cheerios out of his hand.

Bunny petting.

The ducks also ate out of Maher's hand

We did not feed the turkey, he wasn't friendly.

Before our hay ride Maher got to bottle feed a calf, it lasted about 5 seconds before the calf yanked the bottle from Maher thus he didn't want to finish so that's my arm.

Are first stop for the hay ride was to see this BIG piggie.  Also did you know pigs shed their hair and pigs hair is still used to make paint brushes, they're the most expensive according to the retired veterinarian on our tour.



This little cat was Maher's favorite animal of the trip.

"Yeehaw kitty cat at the farm!"
 

1 comment:

Mammasita said...

Love this!!!! I wish we lived closer to enjoy wonderful experience like this with you guys.