December 7, 2010

Heart Is Melting!

Maher has been teething again, I guess it's a constant thing when your teeth don't start showing up until after 12 months.  This time it's his front tooth on the top.  When ever Maher is teething he is always extra cuddly with me; which, for the most part, I don't mind one bit!  

Well the other night Ash was out of town for training which meant I was flying solo for bed time.  Lately bed time has been, fun.  Maher is no longer nursing to fall asleep, it seems to take forever to walk with him up and down the hall, and neither Ash or I have the heart to let him cry it out (the one time I made myself do it Maher cried for almost 2 hours straight and I cried the whole night).  So we have been doing the old cuddle them to bed routine.  It seems to work really well all around and both Ash and I love those tender moments with Maher.  

So back to the other night,  I decided that since Maher had been extra clingy that day and he was already rubbing his eyes, maybe I could start the bed time cuddle 30 minutes early?!  I laid down with Maher on our bed holding him close to me but not tight enough he couldn't move away, he gets really angry if you hold him to tight which then makes bed time last longer.  As we laid down Maher began to stroke my face, he's been doing this lately since he has started to recognize facial features: ears, eyes, mouth, and nose.  As he rubbed my face he then moved his arm around my neck and onto my shoulder.  He rested his arm for a moment on my shoulder then pulled me as hard as he could closer to him until my cheek rested on his cheek.  I could feel his cheek squish up into a smile and we laid for a moment cheek to cheek with my arm around him and his around me.  In this moment I felt so peaceful laying with my little boy, I thanked God for what a sweet soul he has given my little boy.  Then as quickly as it our moment started so did it end when Maher shot up and flopped his whole entire body onto my face, and this continued for the next 45 minutes.


1 comment:

Gia said...

How tender. I cried, filled with so many emotions reading this post. I am so thankful my precious grandson has such a wonderful Mommie.
How blessed that all my grandchildren have Godly parents.
ttmb