It's been a month now so I guess I should share about Maher's birthday Party. Now I must warn you, we really went "bananas" decorating and celebrating his big day. Yes I understand that he will not remember his party and that I will probably not be able to be this extravagant for our other children; but I love parties! I enjoy decorating, playing hostess, and the overall "this day is your day" special feeling of birthdays! Most of all every where I went there were the "perfect" monkey arts and crafts items for me to make our own for his party!
 |
| The toddler snack station, along with the cutest monkey dinner set we could find! |
 |
| The birthday boys place of honor! A birthday banner that will be used for all our birthdays, dancing monkeys, thank you bags for his friends and a cute bib Gia made. |
 |
| I originally made this poster for a pin the tail on the monkey game but realized that most of the kids were under 5 and would have a hard time understanding that concept. So he just helped hid our T.V.! |
 |
| The food table, before most of the food made it out. Monkey masks, blow horns, and a reminder of whose birthday we were celebrating. |
Aunt Ju-ju and Uncle Philip Pie, the baker dynamic duo, made Maher an amazing birthday cake.
We also ordered Maher a "Smash Cake" so he could "go bananas" on it.
 |
| Cousin Luci helping show off the cake. |
 |
| Is that a fire your putting in front of a baby?! |
 |
| He really did put fire in front of me! |
 |
| If you're going to eat a monkey, the best kind is vanilla cake! |
 |
| When I ordered a monkey smash cake I didn't realize how disturbing it would be to see Maher tear it apart and eat the monkey! He didn't seem to mind though! |
 |
| Tayta and Ceedo got Maher is very own special chair, which currently is in our guest room because some one thinks it's funny to stand on the chair and bounce on the arm rest! The chair was perfect for opening presents in! |
 |
| Reading the card together |
 |
| The cutest little dinosaur finger puppets! |
 |
| The gift that got the most 'oohs' and 'aahs' a most adorable little hat. |
 |
| Some of his cousins helping him dig out the train tracks |
 |
| Avery loved the bear Uncle Foad got Maher, I think he tried to sneak him home but had trouble being inconspicuous. |
|
|
Thanks to everyone that came and helped us celebrate this special day!
2 comments:
What a great day! Enjoyed being there with you all.
It was such a great party! Great job, Mere.
Post a Comment