September 30, 2010

New Addition

I would like to take a moment and introduce you to the newest member of our family:


Bananas Monkey. 

He became a part of our family last weekend when Maher and I took a shopping trip so we wouldn't bother Baba during the Cowboys game. (I tend to get bored easily during the games and so I don't become obnoxious it's better that we leave.)  While we were out, Maher spotted Bananas on the shelf and pointed to him; ok, actually he pointed to a stuffed dog but it was more expensive and not nearly as cute.  I handed Bananas to Maher and it was an instant connection.  Maher spent the rest of our shopping trip with Bananas in his arms, hugging him, talking to him, and showing him off.  When I handed Bananas to the cashier Maher became very worried and was very close to crying, he was very pleased when the cashier handed Bananas back.  Maher rode the whole way home with Bananas plastered to his face in the tightest little hug.  Now, I knew there was a good chance that Bananas would loose his attraction once we got home so I braced myself for Maher to ignore Bananas once he saw his Baba.  Instead Maher instantly pulled Bananas to Baba and began telling Baba the story.  Bananas is Maher's new cuddle buddy and has to be with him at bedtime; in the mornings I always find two monkeys in the crib!









3 comments:

Gia said...

They do indeed look like two monkeys! How cute. I am glad he has some one to take Frogie Friend's place.

Ryann with two n's said...

This story is so cute. I can totally see him recapping how he met Bananas to Ash. Hopefully it was during halftime.

Mammasita said...

Ahhh, that Monkey Boy is way cute and I love how he recounts his stories for all.