Since Maher has been a super eater it was time to get him a highchair. Ash and I looked long and hard at all of our options and finally found one that we liked. We picked a wooden high chair for a couple of reasons, it matched our dinning room table, the base was a lot smaller then the plastic ones, and this one has a nice little shelf built in under the seat to store things like bibs, bowls, plates, and so on. So we went with Ceedo and Tayta, (they were generous enough to give us the funding needed for said highchair) and picked up our first highchair. Not wanting to wait I spent the next day putting the highchair together, despite the fact I needed to leave to babysit the Ellis kids for the next day. When I got to step two, assembling the shelf to the legs I became stumped. I spent 30 minutes and could not get the right legs attached. Finally I noticed that the screw holes were not matching up, it turns out that one of the holes was not drilled correctly. By this time I had spend my whole prep time of our trip putting together this chair, returning it would have to wait.
We finished our visit with the Ellis' and decided to leave early on Sunday. When we pulled up to our house I convinced Ash to return the highchair that night, we exchanged it then went to have dinner with Ceedo and Tayta. As soon as we got home I unloaded the box pulled out the little Styrofoam pieces pulled out the shelf and it had the same defect! Two in a row! I couldn't believe it, I packed it all back up and decided to deal with it the next day. Early the next morning Maher and I went to get our third highchair, this time I stood in the parking lot to check the shelf to see if it was right....it was! So after three highchairs we finally have our highchair that our little boy can use to sit at the table with us!
Carrots taste better when sitting up!
Sweet potato self feeding experiment
It seems much more effective to eat with a spoon.
Seems to be getting the hang of the spoon.
Baba got to clean up this mess!





2 comments:
So cute! Mostly I mean, Maher, but the high chair is pretty good looking too!
Good ol Baba. The chair is cute, but Maher is super cute!
Post a Comment